Welcome to our little home on the web

We are glad you stopped by, we hope you are blessed, and enjoy your stay. We discuss a little bit of everthing here, from homeschool, parenting, adoption, farming, our faith, and our plain lifestyle. May God Bless Your Day!!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

STRESS

I thought I would leave all the stress behind when we got our son home from Taiwan-wrong!! I have come to the conclusion that life is just not life without a lot of stress going on in it! I have stressed myself out over a blog redo-I am sure I have spent over 24 hours looking at scrapbook kits, trying to find just the right something, only to have my family totally change my thinking and decide it needs to have a farm feel to it-ok, back to the drawing board. Poor Sarah is probably pulling her hair out with me as I am not an easy customer-I always thought I was easy to please, but it seems this has turned into a bit of a difficulty for us-


then, there is always the too much to do scenario-farm, kids, garden, house, yard, homeschool, laundry, meals, friends??, family???, who has time to clean an office, much less file paperwork away, and keep up with the email groups, and actually mail letters and notes to friends I haven't seen for ages-UGH!!


I did spend a delightful time in the garden today-both my 9 yr olds learned to run the tiller today, and boy do they think they are smart. Of course, I had a 3 1/2 yr old who thought he should be out there too, but he settled for a 1/2 hour ride on the lawn mower while I tried to knock down some of the grass in our 5 acres of lawn-double UGH!!


I need to load a few photos to get caught up from the last few weeks, then maybe we can start fresh with some sunshiney, bright pictures of Spring in Wisconsin!!


I also can't believe the stress over having a blog that I just don't take the time to write in as much as I planned-for some reason, I envisioned wonderful posts, filled with family updates, homeschool updates, etc-and all I end up with is -where do I fit this in???


Something has to give, somewhere-and yes, I am praying about it







I am not sure I ever mentioned this, but my 2 oldest LOVE to read, and I loved reading to them when we first got them home-they spend hours a week reading anything and everything. The first few times we tried reading with Tyler, yikes, disaster-he would not, could not, sit still. I though, OH NO, this one is never going to like books.

Well, how very wrong I was-the first trip to the library, Kendell and I brought home a bunch of board books, and he proceeded to pile them in BaBa's chair, climb up into it, and "read" his books-and guess what, after 2 months, he LOVES being read to, and loves to get his own books and "read" in bed like big brother and sis do before nap time!

God is SOOO GOOD!

Blessings

Chris


2 comments:

Rydley said...

I just love seeing all your kids reading!!! What a treat!

Good luck reducing stress, always difficult!

Shana said...

I don't know how you handle all of your responsiblities but you sure seem to do it with ease. I know it seems stressful to you but, wow, you amaze me! You are doing a great job with the blog and I am so happy everytime I see an update.
-Shana