Welcome to our little home on the web

We are glad you stopped by, we hope you are blessed, and enjoy your stay. We discuss a little bit of everthing here, from homeschool, parenting, adoption, farming, our faith, and our plain lifestyle. May God Bless Your Day!!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Last Day in Taiwan

I can't believe we have been home for 3 weeks already, and Tyler has been with us for FOUR weeks. Where does the time go??? If it weren't for Chuck milking 2 nights this week, I don't know when I would get this trip to Taiwan finished. But, we have some great photos we want to share, and I can't believe how hard it already is to remember the details of that last day. So, it had better get chronicled soon, or it will be lost in the annals of my memory forever.




















We visited the Chiang Kei Shek Memorial Hall, and had very
little time to actually look around. The building is majestic,
the grounds are beautiful (even on the foggy
rainy day) and the memorial to Taiwan's freedom rally
and leader, Chiang Kei Shek are quite impressive.
































Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel, Taipei's "go-to" for all visiting
dignitaries, was a must
see-just to see the beauty of the architecture.




































Martyr's Shrine








































The Martyr's Shrine-a memorial for the over 330,000 fallen soldiers of WWII who died defending Taiwan from Japanese invaders was unbelievable, and the highlight of my day's sight-seeing, as we got there just in time for
the hourly changing of the guard. Full of pomp and flair, the gun-twirling, marching-in-step and very serious-minded young men taking part was quite a sight to behold.
























































2 comments:

Shana said...

I love seeing you all as a family! It just warms my heart. I can't believe it has been 4 weeks! Wow, how time flies. We have been home 3 months and I still don't believe it.

I also loved the Martyr's Shrine and could not believe how elaborate the changing of the guard was. Wanted to stay another hour to see it again!
-Shana

Rydley said...

Thanks for posting all the beautiful photos! It's helping us decide where to go!

I agree with Shana...so fun to see you all as a family of 5!