Welcome to our little home on the web

We are glad you stopped by, we hope you are blessed, and enjoy your stay. We discuss a little bit of everthing here, from homeschool, parenting, adoption, farming, our faith, and our plain lifestyle. May God Bless Your Day!!

Monday, January 17, 2011

2010 in review

Surely God was in this place and I knew it not!


Gen. 28:16




If I had to have a theme verse for the past year, the above would be the one. I have never felt so far from God, and yet, in looking back over the year, I see His hand in everything!


I am ashamed of my distance from God, of my coldness, and my lack of prayer and time in His Word. Yet, by the end of the year, He was gently drawing me back to Himself, and I have to say, I have found it to be true, we are loved with an everlasting love, and.


underneath are the everlasting arms.


I have taken you on a tour of our year, and though it is quite lengthy, I think about 90 pictures, I think if gives a good example of our life in 2010.


I have also found, if I did this more regularly, I would not need to spend an entire afternoon uploading pictures!!


Oh well, it is only mid-January, and maybe I can hit this new year a bit more frequently.


Blessings dear friends!















Amish neighbors on their way one Sunday morning to Sunday school at our friend Edwins house.





Christmas with Chuck's family-mom, dad, and sister Jan




their children and grandchildren, and great-grands too



Nick with his new air rifle


Kendell with her new bike


The whole tribe with all their new sleds-thanks Grandma and Grandpa Waughtal


Christmas with my side-the cousins opening gifts




our annual family picture




me and my mom!!


the cousins hamming it up



a lot of snow



love these sights on our road! but glad I drive a vehicle!!


the scene from my kitchen patio door


Isaiah enjoys sledding-but he says, BRRRRR




Isaac loves the action of sledding and being outdoors



Nick milking with Edwin our Amish neighbor and friend



Kendell likes to milk cows too



the pipeline was kinda high, but they managed very well



Nick was our right hand man for evening chores



saying goodbye to the cows



Isaiah turns 4





oops-motor man had to get into that toybox

this became a daily ritual for about a month-now we never see it anymore


sandbox time



2 little boys shredding a Country Woman

Our first day of school-a full day!!

Our science co-op met every 2 weeks to discuss astronomy
The children loved it-Apologia is a great curriculum




Kendell giving her report on the first astronauts to the moon

Nick giving his report on blue moons



the results of a day of canning applesauce
over 60 quarts canned in one day-no failures!!


2little boys watching the apple sauce process



cranking out that beautiful pink sauce on a great fall day





that's a lot of apples to cook down-kind of a daunting task for this momma this year





already sliced apples!!!!!




but they sure taste good every time we open up a new jar!!
5 bushels-that's a lot of apples


remembering the deer park





fun at the deer park...





great fun swimming













Isaiah really likes playing with tractors-he and Tyler get a long just great





don't leaves and kids just go together???



Kendell is getting to be quite the photographer!! I LOVE this picture of our little man






so glad those heart issues are over with







my baby girl got baptised this summer after making a re-committment to the Lord back in March





5 precious children




Tyler hams it up for his 6th birthday-he is always a clown
but he sure adds a sparkle to our day-still the Tornado of the family


our baby's first few times of standing-way back in July
I think we have a 2nd tornado coming up





first days together



Grandpa's birthday



our friends and their precious 4 daughters from Taiwan, and 1 from China




first family photo










meeting Isaiah's foster families






our new HOME-would it ever feel and look like home?


How do you make anything of this chaos??





from this





to this-much better






planting oats





nick and dad planting oats and hay...
I love watching them work together!!






my cousin Val and his wife Brenda-the planners behind my trip to Colorado





visiting Garden of the gods, and a view of the Rocky Mountains





scenes of the colorado mountians...






the beautiful colorado mountians...


My aunt and uncle, and Val and brenda



My precious aunt and uncle-50 years of marriage-the reason for the trip to Colorado
and I wouldn't have missed it for the world






meeting their guests at the party






Val helping his mom with her meal-which he and Brenda planned and prepared!!




















our new farm













visiting the Creation Museum in Kentucky











our trip to PA for Eric and Dara's wedding-they were also the lovely couple who stayed with our children and did our chores while we went to Taiwan





Kendell turns 11





free time at our rental house-Tyler and Nick built stuff with the erector set and Tyler loves that stuff












enjoying the creek by the rental house




The new owners are driving in on a snowy Sunday morning after driving across the country from Washington State













Daddy's birthday




Nick's birthday starts the year out on Jan. 3rd.




Thanks for stopping by


Blessings


Chris









1 comment:

Diane McMahon said...

What precious memories you have and what a beautiful family! I can't wait to see what God has in store for your family this year!

Diane